Monday, January 20, 2014

Random Thoughts and Sleep-ball! :-)

Well I've failed again. Not that I really have to tell you that! :-/ Obvious! 

I just finished watching the premiere to the third series of Sherlock--the new BBC version. It was fantastic! I won't say anything else because I don't want to be a spoiler, BUT I will say if you haven't seen it you should. The first two seasons are on Netflicks Instant play. . . Go catch up so we can discuss! :-) . . . I can only assume that if you are still reading it's because you've already seen Sherlock. Why else would you still be here? :-) I may be an epic failure when it comes to blogging regularly, but I'm rarely wrong when it comes to good TV shows. 

You'll be glad to know I haven't completely failed in everything I said I would do. I did finish editing my novel, and even have a few queries sent out! 1 out of 5 isn't bad, right? 

Oh, I made up a new game today! It's definitely brilliant, and perfect if you're tired (quite literally) of football! (Which I am! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy-ish football as well as any girl like me could, but the playoffs are sooooooo stressful!) Anywho, the game is called "Sleep-ball" and the rules are super simple and easy! Anyone can play! 

Game Set-Up and Game-Play:
1) You wait for the football game to start--any football game will work, but the only one left is the Super Bowl. (Disclaimer: If you enjoy watching the Super Bowl commercials you may want to hold off trying to play Sleep-ball until next season.) 
2) You must challenge yourself to a nap. NOT just any nap, it must last as long as possible through the football game, BUT YOU MUST WAKE UP BEFORE THE FOOTBALL GAME ACTUALLY ENDS! 
3) Once said challenge and terms are defined you curl up with a blankie, pillow, and your pet of choice, and fall asleep. (Note: You must actually be asleep or you're disqualified!) 

Scoring:
Wake up Before half-time = you lose! 
Wake up After half-time but before 4th Quarter= 50 points
Wake up sometime within 4th Quarter = 100 points
Wake up for 2 min warning of 4th Quarter = 150 points and you win! :-) 
Wake up After game ends = you lose! 

I tried Sleep-ball out this afternoon and I won 100 points just for napping during the football game! :-) What a lovely way to wake up, right? Of course now it's nearly 1:00 am, and I'm wired and writing a blog-post. . . So I guess I should list some possible side-effects from playing Sleep-ball. 

Ahem. . . Side-effects could include the following: Sleeplessness, overt silliness, disorientation, sudden aversion to bright lights, the occasional giggle fest (yes, this applies to men too), stomach aches (which is really more a side-effect from the afore mentioned giggle fests), a sudden desire to eat ice-cream and chocolate (preferably together), strange but brief feelings of paranoia (because naturally you've been up too late and are now on a sugar high), rapid heart rate (obviously from the paranoia), and death. (The last in unconfirmed, but I have to mention it just in case!) :-) 

There you have it, "Sleep-Ball" in all it's glory! Way the risks and ask your doctor if "Sleep-ball" is right for you! 

My picture for today: (I know I'm way way way behind, but shhhhhh I'm trying to pretend I'm not!) 


Have a wonderful pleasant night! Thanks for reading and sleep sweetly! 
:-) Leah 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment