Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Word are not just words...

I love words, but I'm also afraid of them. Words have power. Talking words, written words, and even just thought-in-the-mind words have the potential to create or destroy. Words can mare a person worse than any weapon, and they can heal wounds invisible to the naked eye. Words can create other worlds, destroy whole civilizations, and give life to beings never imagined before. Words can pierce hearts with harsh and unforgiving probes, and they can encourage and build up minds so they can conquer any foe. Words have power... Power to create and power to destroy.

Words should be respected and wielded with care. Words are not just words, they are the power to communicate, to manipulate, to plan, to hurt, to express thought, feelings, and dreams, to capture moments, to teach, to motivate, to lie, to lead astray, to cry, to keep records of history, to gossip, to create, to embellish, to correct, to entertain, to confess, and to proclaim truth...they reflect wisdom, and stupidity, but also humor, guilt, love, and hate... Words are never just words. Words reflect a persons heart. They are the windows to an individual's soul.  

Often I ask myself if I had only today to express myself one last time what would I say? What nuggets of wisdom could I share? If any... If I had only today and I died tomorrow what words would others use to remember me? Who I was, what I stood for, those who's lives I touched? 

I know what words I want others to say of me. I want to be known as someone who wielded words with care and truth. I've been gifted with the power of words, I've even had some of my words published and plan to have more published. But if any of my words are remembered from now until the end I would want them to be these: words reflect a persons heart. If I use my words to lie then I am a liar, if I use my words to tear down then I am a murderer, if I use my words to gossip then I am liar and a murderer, but if I use my words to build up then I am an encourager, if I use my words to serve then I am a servant, if I use my words to praise God then I am a worshipper, and if I use my words to proclaim Christ, then I am a Christian. 

Let it be said of me that I used my words with fear and trembling; understanding the great power God has given me. 

-Leahbug

No comments:

Post a Comment